Sunday, February 19, 2006

Procrastination and inspiration

I haven't been able to get much of anything done this past week. It's winter break time here. I spent most of the week getting my son ready for a 10-day visit to Greece with his photography class. Now that he is gone, I'm hoping to make progress on some of ideas. Inspiration arrived for me in the form of a bundle of fabric from my best friend Deb. She is an accomplished seamstress and her fabric stash is amazing. Included in the package are several very posh pieces of vintage upholstery fabric, a bit of bark cloth, vintage cotton kimono fabric, and silks from Japan, Thailand and Italy. My favorite is two pieces of Shibori silk. The sizes range from 5x5" to 12x24 ". I have been sewing lots of felt lately so I will have to start to think more delicately for the silks. Possibly some small bags or hair ornaments. First I have to get to work on making Deb an apron. I bought some Amy Butler fabric before Christmas intending to make her an apron for a Christmas gift. Somehow I never got around to it. Her birthday will be here soon enough and the weather is so dreary the charm fabric is just what I need to put me in a springy state of mind. I'll post when it's finished.

No comments: