Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Upcycle tshirt bag challenge

Woof Nanny's latest challenge was to up cycle a t-shirt into a bag . My son recently let go of some of this favorite t' s so I decided to use one of them. I decided to make a messenger bag since it was a man's t shirt and would be a good choice for the print. I backed it with some stabilizer but it was still too soft to keep its shape so I used some black twill for the body of the bag. I used the front screen print for the flap adding a frame of studs around Q.E. I used the back of the t for the back pocket with a skull patch covering some minor holes. A black and white check was perfect for the lining. I used one of the sleeves to make an inner pocket It's finished off with an adjustable strap