Friday, March 24, 2006

Two down, one to go



I finished my second reconstruction project, which was the one I started on first. A skirt with ruffles of a gorgeous Amy Butler cotton sateen floral. I had originally bought the fabric to make myself a bag but this year I think I'm going to macrame one or go with a solid color. So, I had the fabric and the colors worked very well with the cargos, but more than that I loved the contrast of texture. I made a sash out of the floral and another Amy Butler print and wove it through a chain belt. It looks great without the belt too. Originally I was going to hang little fabric fans from the loops but since the skirt will be in a larger size I thought I should keep it simple. I need a real dress form for fitting. My display mannequin is tiny ,it's difficult to display anything larger than a 4 on on it . The skirt is designed for a taller girl. I'll make a short girl skirt next. But I'm very pleased with it. My bag was a major hit . I posted it on Flickr before I listed it on Etsy, because I wanted to get Naomi's input. I received 4 inquires about it. This morning I wrote the first one back and she bought it straightaway. So that was a success. Now I still have the two legs to figure out for my 3rd project. I need a new book bag maybe.... Well the weather here is still cold and I am so done with winter. Just leave already !

No comments: